Saturday 5 October 2013

The dog has teeth



The sun is shining. The workshop for next Saturday is planned, the handouts printed. I have no Writers Bureau work to do. Time to think about what to enter for Leeds Writers Circle short story competition. I haven’t been writing much new stuff lately. The stories I have attempted haven’t worked, at least not to the standard I’m looking for. Obviously it would be nice to write something new rather then enter a womag story (which is unlikely to come anywhere) but I’m not sure I want to. While I have Louis here, I’d much rather spend time with him. We’ve just had a play fight. Anyone watching who didn’t know him would probably think I was in danger. His bark is fearsome, his growl deep and dark, and his teeth…. I tried to take a photo to show them off but this was the best I could do. 

After our fight, I feel a bit battered. He’s one heavy dog and he doesn’t play fair, but it’s a lot of fun, and he really seems to enjoy it so it’s worth the odd bruise.He especially likes it when I put my hand in his mouth (!)
I’m hoping to finally get around to doing his portrait today, in fact, I might have a go now. It’s been a long long long long time since I did any art so the result is likely to be poor but then I don’t have to show anyone do I?

No comments:

Post a Comment