Wednesday 18 September 2013

Feeling better. Again.



Once again, I feel better. Once again, I feel that things are starting to click in to place. What I need to do now is make decisions. What I want from life and how to get it. I had an interesting email discussion with a reader of this blog. I’d said I’d be happy with a man as a companion – separate rooms on holiday, that kind of thing – when the truth is I want more than that. I want the happy ever after, a warm, loving relationship that works on all levels.  At the moment that feels like an impossible dream but we all know that dreams CAN come true. I guess it’s up to me.
I’ve been writing lots of bits of stories that have been cluttering up my file. The way I work is I give a story a number so that I can keep track of it. Before now, they got a number as soon as I typed them up. That has meant that I’ve got some stories that are numbered but aren’t finished which makes it difficult to see where I am. So now I’m starting a new folder. Any ideas that I’ve started to beef up will be typed and go in there. Hopefully that will mean an end to having to search through dozens of notebooks looking for half done stories.  Then once a story is finished, THEN I’ll give it a number. That might not sound very exciting to you, but to me, it’s a big step. In the right direction.
I haven’t gone to Heydays this morning. It’s East Leeds Writers this afternoon and I couldn’t face doing both.  I’ll go early which will give me a chance to browse Tesco’s. I’ve started writing fillers again,  and need to research a few magazines.  I used to write a lot of fillers. They kept me going when I first started writing fiction, filing the (long) gaps between sales and giving me a much-needed boost with various prizes and sums of money. A boost or two  wouldn’t go amiss at the moment. If you don’t know what fillers are, maybe invest in my ebook. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Make-Minutes-Professional-Writers-ebook/dp/B006TZW36O/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1379417113&sr=1-1&keywords=linda+lewis
It costs all of £1.53.
Now what to do next. Ah yes, get some of those story bits and pieces typed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment