Monday 27 May 2013

Nursing a bad leg



Last week, Wednesday to be precise, I knocked over a (metal) piano stool and it hit my lower leg. It hurt. I didn’t think much about it, only now it’s giving me all kinds of problems. Aching and complaining if I walk anywhere, so I’m having to rest it. It’s so annoying as the sun’s shining and I want to get out in the garden, I have wallpaper to put up and a dog that needs a walk.
Pip, the terrier, is here for the second time. I haven’t had any dogs come to stay for months, not since long before I moved and it‘s taking a bit of getting used to. That said, she’s no trouble.
It’s annoying that I’ve had to employ my ex to walk her but I need my leg to get better and it’s not going to do that if I walk miles.
Luckily Pip’s quite laid back and, like the last time she was here, behaves as though it’s not just her owners who are on holiday – she is too.
I’m very happy to say that I finished a NEW story this morning. It’s been a while. In fact, I’ve only written two new stories since February. Writing fiction had become a mountain, a big ugly solid mountain I was scared to even begin to try to climb. I’m hoping that’s changed now, thanks largely to a big dose of NLP. How’s that going? 
OK I admit I half expected an instant miracle but I definitely feel that a process has been started and that the new me is starting to claw her way out of the rubble. 
Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment