Sunday 3 February 2013

Woody



I feel like a complete heel.
I’ve just had to cancel the next booking for Woody and Snoopy. Their owners called early Saturday morning to tell me that Woody has started to have occasional fits. When this happens he also loses control of his (fill in the blanks for yourself please). They don’t know what’s causing the fits and they are not frequent enough to be medicated.
At first I thought I could cope because I do love that dog but now I’ve given it some more thought, I’ve decided to say no. The main problem is that I don’t know when I’m moving house. If Woody was well, that wouldn’t matter – I could ask John to help out – but as it is, and knowing he might get worse. I decided to say I couldn’t take him any more, at least not until they know what’s wrong and it’s being treated.
It hurt to do that more than I can say. I happily go out of my way to try to help others and not cause anyone any pain or inconvenience or upset or stress. I have to learn to say no. I have to learn to think about me for a change. It’s hard, very hard, and at the moment, I HATE doing it, but if I’m going to start living my life, for me, then it has to be done. 
I still feel like a complete and utter heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment