Sunday 24 February 2013

I love dogs




I love dogs; in fact I love practically every animal known to man, with the possible exception of cockroaches and daddy long legs, but….

I’ve been thinking. Having various dogs staying with me over the past couple of years kept me going. Without them to make me laugh and to give me a hug, I don’t think I would have made it through. Now though things are changing. I’m finding that, at last, I want to be with people more than with dogs. I think I have decided (as I’m prone to changing my mind I can’t say this is definite) to stop the dog boarding as from the end of this year. I might still do the odd few days  as a favour to a friend but that will be all. I want to be free to invite people round, maybe start a small, invitation only writing group, and not have to worry in case the people like dogs.
Louis is here at the moment and I still adore him, but when he’s here, I feel duty bound to spend time with him which means I don’t go out much and when I do, it’s only for a couple of hours. If I’m ever to build a new life, which for me means making friends, the dogs will have to go.
Of course, I might change my mind….
By Tuesday I should have heard about the move –whether it’s actually going to happen and when. Once I do get a date for moving, all hell will let loose and I’ll be dashing round like the proverbial b.a. fly. I have to say that in a perverse kind of way, I’m looking forward to it!

3 comments:

  1. Louis welcomes you home, doesn't answer back, eats whatever you give him and doesn't hog the remote; what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louis is a great guy! Enjoy his company. Will be in touch x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get out walking with the dogs and you will not only get fresh air, but meet lots of new friendly people.

    ReplyDelete