Wednesday 26 December 2012

Boxing Day ala Peter Jones



Yesterday was hard.
I knew it would be.
I was fine while I was at Good Neighbours (although my quiz turned out to be a bit too difficult), but the moment I left, I could feel my spirits nose diving. The off licence was actually open, so I bought myself a Magnum. Ice cream always cheers me up, specially when it’s bought as a treat. It makes me feel special.
I couldn’t face the computer so spent the rest of the day watching TV. I saw Tangled followed by Shrek, happily ever after, had some more wine, some cheese and crisps and  too many pickled onions and waited for the day to be over. It was after midnight when I went to bed.
Today I’m meant to be working all day, but I don’t have to, so I might just wander down to the sale at Chiltern Mills and see if I can buy myself a pressie. Then again, I might not. It’s Boxing Day for real so that means doing whatever I fancy. I’ve been neglecting Boxing Days of late, so this is the perfect day to put them back in my diary.
(see Peter Jones’ book How to do everything and be happy)
I hope everyone reading this had a Christmas filled with love and laughter and that they are feeling bright and bushy tailed this bright and sunny (hooray!) morning.
Now to think about what I want to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment