Thursday 20 September 2012

Pondering



I have been pondering.
Nothing significant, just the meaning of life.
Now that things are going well, it’s rather caught me on the hop. It’s been too many years since life was this calm and it’s taking some getting used to. I still don’t really know what I want to do other than take life a bit easier for a while.
I also needed to decide what to do about various people who, to quote the old saying, had ‘done me wrong’. Today I wrote to the solicitor who handled Mum’s affairs and asked for compensation and reimbursement of the fees I paid to him. I have no idea what they’ll do but I didn’t feel able to just let them get away with everything.
I’m not doing much at the moment other than things I have to do – my column, Writers Bureau scripts, people wanting feedback, sending out the odd rewritten story. Tomorrow I’m going to Scarborough to see Val. I’ve been meaning to for months but never managed to get round to it. I’m also toying with the idea of taking a three day break there in October, the idea being that if I take a pad and some starting points for stories, I might just be able to get back to work. I know once I start, I’ll be fine. It’s that first step that’s the scary one.

No comments:

Post a Comment