Monday 20 August 2012

Working on my next short story course for NAWG


Whose brilliant idea was it to hold the NAWG festival of writing and Swanwick so close together? It would be fine if I didn’t have to teach at both events. I’ve been working on my short story course for NAWG for much of today. It’s more or less done now thahnk goodness. There will only be between 6 and 10 in each class so that should make it more manageable than Swanwick. This year the NAWG Festival is in Nottingham. There are still places if you want to join us. www.nawg.co.uk
I’m feeling totally worn out with not enough energy to even weed the garden. Raffy the cute terrier is coming to stay for a couple of days so I’ll have to get up early tomorrow so I’m ready. Hopefully his playfulness will be catching and I can manage to pull myself out of my chair.
I had lots of calls today but not from the people who were meant to come and fix my leaking pond.
The most interesting call was from the Attendance Allowance people who confirm that Mum was receiving it and that it had been paid with her pension so I know where THAT money went. The good news is that they stopped paying AA from end August as they weren’t sure if Mum was paying her own fees. As she definitely was, they will pay what she should have received,  i.e. from end August until when she died, directly to me once they’ve sorted out the paperwork so that’s some more good news. Of course the other phone call I’m waiting for will come from Exeter to say that Denis has gone, but that might be another day or two yet.
As they say, watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment