Friday 3 August 2012

The gas man cometh


My two private (i.e. not Writers Bureau) pupils sent work today so I’ve been working on those. One lady is doing particularly well which is very gratifying. It will be soon be time for her to send a story to a magazine. I had an unexpected email from a magazine I used to write for, back in the 1990s – Aquarium Fish (USA), saying the magazine was no longer being published and that wanted to return some of my slides.
The other excitement came when I booked my annual service for my gas boiler. I have a contract with British Gas and was surprised to find that they could fit me in this afternoon, so at least that’s out of the way.  I also had a call from my friend, Rae, she moved house a few days ago and has only just got a land line. It was nice to have a bit of a chat. I’m still all over the place, hardly knowing what I’m doing as the days count down for Swanwick.
Hopefully I will be together enough to not only teach OK but enjoy myself too. Still no word from deep and darkest Devon. I had a look at the house using maps on the iPod. Creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment