Sunday 19 August 2012

Busy busy busy


I’ve had a busy day writing up the course notes and handouts for my Swanwick short story course. After a couple of weeks, they are posted on the Swanwick web site and anyone who attended can download them. It doesn’t matter whether they went to the course or not. It’s a great way to add value to the summer school but it does mean quite a lot of extra work. Still, it’s done now.
I also had a letter from The People’s Friend asking if I could lengthen a story as they then might be able to take it. Whenever I get asked for something like this, I do it straightaway, to show willing.
Tomorrow, I need to work on the write up for Writers Forum. I offered them a day by day account of Swanwick from a tutor’s point of view so I’d like to get that fisnihed soonest. I’m hoping to get a decent photo of me from some of the ones Lois, the Swanwick book room lady who is also the organiser of the courses planned later in Leeds. Cameras don’t like me very much, but I need to send at least one of me with the article so fingers crossed she’s done a good job.
Right now, I’m working on a check list to send to Denis in Exeter asking for meter readings, and for details of gas and electricity suppliers. If he completes it and leaves it at the house, it will save me a lot of trouble. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Glad Swanwick went well, Linda. Funny about The People's Friend rewrite as I have just had a letter from them saying that they want the 'middle softer'. I had to laugh - it sounded like one of my cakes!

    ReplyDelete