Sunday 29 July 2012

Swanwick short story course taking shape

I've spent a lot of time today on the course I'm teaching at Swanwick. The main propblem has been what to leave out! Short story writing is such a huge subject. I think I'm happy with what I've decided on, so now I have to put it to one side for a few days, then have another look to make sure.
I'm also trying to catch up with my backlog of magazines. I discovered today that in last month's Writign Magazine they were offering a copy of my book as a prize (closing date 4th October, so there's stil time). If I'd noticed earlier, i.e. when the magazine was still on sale!) I could have tweeted and blogged about it, but I didn't so there's not much I can do about it now.
It proves, to me at least, that although I FEEL as though I'm on the mend, I've still got a long way to go. At the back of my mind, Exeter is always there, lurking. When that problem is sorted, I'm going to be so relieved. In fact, I've decided to celebrate here by running an impromptu competition on the blog, prizes and details will be posted as soon as I get the news.
Now to get back to trying to figure out how my new camera works. the manual is 180+ pages long so it might take me a while. 
And George, if you're out there, I miss your messages. I hope you're well.

No comments:

Post a Comment