Friday 27 July 2012

Still busy busy busy


Another long day, working on the course for Swanwick. It’s hard when you only have one hour sessions to know what to include and what to leave out. Plus I have no idea how many people will be in each class. Luckily I know the subject, short stories, well enough to not to worry too much. I can always wing it a bit.
The postman brought me two more assignments to mark for the Writers Bureau. I like to get them turned round as quickly as possible, so after taking a break to work in the garden, I did both of those. By then it was time to eat.
That’s the problem with a large garden. I was out there for two and a half hours and all I did was cut the grass, trim the edges and do a bit of a tidy up. I  have a friend coming over tomorrow morning and needed to make sure the garden was presentable. It’s got rather beyond me this year as I haven’t been in the mood to keep on top of it. Consequently, it’s a bit out of control. It’s definitely too much for me to handle by myself which merely reinforces my desire to move.
Now it’s time to do some housework. I’ have a pile of washing up as I haven’t bothered to do any for ages. Then I need to clean and tidy. I might be done in time for the Olympics opening ceremony, but then again I might not.
I finished watching series six of Dexter late last night.
What an ending! What’s going to happen in the next series, that’s what I want to know!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Dexter certainly ended on a cliffhanger!

    I can sympathise with you over the garden. Mine's the same - partly because it's rained so much this year and partly because I don't have the stamina I once used to have.

    ReplyDelete