Monday 16 July 2012

News from the Land Registry


This morning, I received the paperwork from The Land Registry to say that Mum’s house is now in my name. It was an emotional moment. Back in 1994, that was the first house Gareth and I looked at when we decided to move up from London. When Mum decided to follow me, the house was still for sale and she bought it. Now it’s mine. On one level that means that I’m better off than I have ever been in my entire life. There’s just one problem. I have nobody to share my good fortune with. Family, friends, these are what counts in life. All money does is make life easier.  I still long for the support of a loving family. When it comes down to it, that’s all I’ve ever really wanted. I still have a dream that one day, a man will walk into my life and make me part of his family. I just have to believe that dreams really can come true.
Right now, I’m trying my hardest to stay focussed on the present as until Denis moves out I can’t make any major decisions. I feel as though the fog is finally starting to clear. My aim to ease myself back into writing mode is working, albeit slowly. As I;ve been going through my boxes of paperwork, ideas keep coming to me, and I know that one day soon one of them will prove irresistible and I’ll have to sit down and write the story. To be honest, that day can’t come soon enough.
Major news on the ex–husband front John has finally got round to asking somebody out for a drink. I so hope it works out for him. It’s been far too long (for both of us!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment