Sunday 17 June 2012

Straws and camels


You know that old saying about the straw that broke the camels’ back? Well, it’s just happened to me. Having forgiven my Mum’s ‘carer’ for all the trouble he caused me over the past eighteen months (I wanted a good relationship with my soon–to–be tenant)  he has now done something that I can’t forgive – told me a blatant lie.
Obviously, there’s money involved (isn’t there always?) but it’s never been about that for me. It’s about trust. My Mum’s house is nearly 300 miles away which is far from ideal. I need to be able to trust the man who is living there and this I can no longer do.
I spent much of yesterday trying to decide what to do.
I finally made up my mind earlier today but can’t say what my plans are as this is an open, all too public blog. I just pray that things go well as I really don’t want any more stress and aggravation.
This afternoon, I took part in a readathon at East Leeds FM, a digital radio station that operates from a chapel not too far from where I live. I found the book a bit dull and hard to read but it was heaven to be able to get out and do something that took my mind off things. It was a real tonic (there were great cakes and biscuits too).

No comments:

Post a Comment