Saturday 12 May 2012

Progress


I’m making steady progress.
I’ve arranged for 2 estate agents to value Mum’s house and to give me an idea of how rent to charge.
I’ve had a demand from DWP for 3 weeks state  pension that was paid after Mum died. As it was paid into the joint account, I asked Denis to cover it. He’s sending a cheque.
I also wrote to Devon County Council. There’s a chance they might be able to put a charge against the house, so that they get their money when the house is sold which I’d prefer to having to pay now. They needed a copy of the will to check I was the sole beneficiary.
In the covering letter, I also made a complaint, asking them to consider reducing the bill because of their mistakes, deviations from procedure and so on. I’ll have to wait and see how they react.
The fact is, I’d rather pay a reduced bill now than face spend months arguing about it, filling in forms, having to go to court and so on.
This morning I went to the local church as my gardening club were having a plant sale. I can never resist those and came back with pinks, lupins, hostas etc.
Then I spent a merry couple of hours (make that four) going through my novel as the publisher is FINALLY talking about putting it up for sale as an eBook. It was meant to come out in December. I’ll believe it when it happens.
Now to check how my things are doing on eBay. I had a message earlier saying that the old drivers licences from the 30s I’d listed had been withdrawn as you’re not allowed to sell them on eBay. Baffling!

1 comment:

  1. You seem to be making more than just steady progress. Leaps and bounds is more like it. What positivity.

    ReplyDelete