Saturday 7 April 2012

Taking it easy


I’m not feeling as down as I was, but I’m still finding it hard to actually DO anything. I’ve decided that the best thing I can do is to give in and just waste time for the next nine days, watching TV, doing jigsaws, and staring at crosswords for hours. it's all very well living in the now and thinking of the future rather than the past, the ony probem is, all I can think of in the future right now is the funeral and the probate process. 
I watched the film, One Day, this afternoon. I wasn’t impressed. It was OK, that’s all.I find it hard to accept Anne Hathaway as plain, I had the same problem in the Devil Wears Prada.
Hopefully the mood to work will come back after the funeral. Whenever John goes home, time seems to go backwards. I keep having to ask him to stay over. Luckily he’s willing to do that, or I honestly don’t think I could cope. Having Louis here is good, but although I can talk to him, sadly he hasn’t learned how to talk back yet, and what I need now is conversation, not great conversation, or even interesting conversation, just another person in the house to make time move forwards, rather than backwards.
I had a go at writing my Writers Forum column today. After three false starts I put something down on paper, but I’m not sure if it’s working.
I’ll try again in a day or so, meanwhile, it’s off to watch another film  – Nanny McPhee and the big Bang next I think.

1 comment:

  1. Linda - I know what you mean about 'One Day'. The book is better - have you read it?

    ReplyDelete