Monday 5 March 2012

The only way is up (I hope)


Right now I feel as though I’m at the bottom of a deep dark smelly pit. I know I have to get out, but I feel so tired and weak. I knew this was going to be hard, John leaving, but I guess I was hoping for it not to be.
Having the dogs here, which I expected to make it easier, isn’t working. I feel like I’m making excuses  it is difficult to work with them here, Snoopy needs a lot of attention, but I wonder if I would get more done if they weren’t here. Time will tell. On Saturday, they go home, while I’m off to Newcastle for the Byker Books Radgepacket book launch (it’s in Newcastle, for details see my page on Facebook – all welcome).
I think it hurts that John seems perfectly content.  Of course I didn’t want him to be upset, it’s just that nothing seems to touch him.
I will get through this. I have to. Problem is my publisher wants me to start pushing the book and I honestly can’t raise any enthusiasm right now. I feel like I’m going through the motions when I should be excited and raring to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment