Thursday 8 March 2012

On the carpet


Not much to say today. It’s been swallowed up by carpet fitting and moving furniture (again). Now I need to spend some time getting straight. I did manage to squeeze in some work on my web sites. I have two now. As well as www.akacatherinehoward.weebly.com, which is more about me and my books, I now have one called www.writingiseasy.net which will be geared towards helping people get the most out of their writing. I’m offering an affordable feedback service and will also offer tuition. Any thoughts on anything else that might be useful to less experienced writers will be warmly received.
I still have no book launch fixed as the bookshop may have another booking on the 31st, thanks to me and my publisher taking so long to sort out the cover, etc. The book should still be for sale on the 31st though. I will believe the whole thing is actually real once I have a copy of the book in my hands.
Today I sent my mother a card and a box of chocolates. It’s her birthday on the 13th. Whether she’ll know who they’re from I have no idea. I haven’t heard from the home or any social workers since June 28th. I’m still not strong enough to make contact so that’s the way it will have to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment