Sunday 11 March 2012

Good and bad

There’s been good and bad this weekend.
My trip to Newcastle was easy enough, but….. I didn’t know anyone apart from the publisher, whereas most people seemed to have met before. I did my usual trick of standing in a corner and turning invisible. I did, eventually, get talking to one lady (Carol) who also had a story in the collection, but I didn’t exactly set the world on fire.To find out about the book see www.bykerbooks.co.uk    it's called Radgepacket 6.
I left after a couple of hours as they were adjourning to the nearest pub – not a good idea as far as I was concerned as I didn’t want to fall asleep on the train and end up in Kings Cross.
When I got home, Woody and Snoopy were still here. Their owners felt so tired (!) after their holiday they wanted to leave them with me for another night. Obviously I was more than happy about that. 
Now the bad news. When the man came to collect them he told me they were thinking of getting rid of the dogs (his phrase). Now they have another baby, they’re leaving the dogs shut in one room most of the day and think that’s unfair on them.
I don’t know what to think. I love that daft dachshund to pieces, but it’s so hard to get any work done when he’s here and I don’t think I could cope with Snoopy full time. If they do decide  to let the dogs go, I have to pray that some kind person takes both of them. I don’t’ even want to think about it at the moment.
As I went round the house, cleaning up after they’d left, I was in tears.


No comments:

Post a Comment