Monday 12 March 2012

the book has arrived, but I can't see to read it!


I started working on my Writers Forum column this morning but didn’t get it finished because I had to go to the eye clinic for my once a year check. Luckily all was well, but the drops they put in meant that I couldn’t focus for hours afterwards so that was effectively that for the day.
The postman  brought me the first copy of the book which was waiting for me when I got home. It’s nice to actually see it, even blurrily. I’m surprised, but in a good way, how bright the cover is. It should stand out on a shelf! I still have no book launch scheduled which is annoying but as the publisher says, that’s by the by. The official launch date is still the 31st.
I’d like to say that fifty people have already placed orders, but I’d be lying. So if you want to be the first, see my web site – www.akacatherinehoward.weebly.com … Seriously, all this pushing myself, marketing, and so on really isn’t me. I’d rather be teaching or writing than all this promotion and publicity. I just have to hope that people think it’s a good book, because if that happens, it will sell itself. 
I’m still a bit upset about the dogs. In all honesty there’s no way I could take Woody, however much I adore him. It’s very hard to get any work done while he’s here, and without his best friend Snoopy…..
I just hope that, if their owner do decide to ‘get rid of the dogs’, they will find a home for both of them, so if you’re in Yorkshire and would love to own a dippy black labrador, and his best mate, Woody the dachshund, do let me know and I’ll pass your details on to their owners.  They really are lovely dogs.
Tomorrow is my mother’s birthday. She will be 87. I have sent her a box of chocolates and a card.

1 comment:

  1. Great news on the book, can I order directly from you? You know I have to add to my own personal 'signed' collection. xx

    ReplyDelete