Thursday 23 February 2012

it's a no from NAWG


I feel a bit better today, thanks goodness. Just as well because NAWG finally came back to me about the book. For years (literally), I’ve been trying to get them to let me write a book for them i.e. publish under their banner. I’d tried various different pitches for several different books, but was always being told, sorry, no. Maybe later. This time I thought they might actually go for it, seeing as I helped them with the competition last year, but it’s another no.
Shame in some ways as it would have been a fun book to write. It was going to be aimed at writers groups, new, old, and starting up, and would have been filled with fun exercises, guidelines, helpful hints and so on. Never mind. At least I can take that off my list of things to do.
My soon to be ex–lodger has the same bug as me, but, as he’s a man with nothing to do but think of himself, he has it cubed. He’s hardly moved for two days. Louis goes home tomorrow morning. After that, we’re meant to be moving furniture, taking the sofa apart and so on. That’s not going to happen if he’s comatose.
Right, time to put a better mood back on. Tonight HOUSE starts again so I can drool over Hugh Laurie. If that isn’t good news, I don’t know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment