Wednesday 8 February 2012

Designing a book cover

I make plans, and then something happens. My publisher sent an email with various ideas for the book cover and asked me to ring him. After talking to him, I went right off the idea I’d had and fell for his instead. That meant I had to spend HOURS trawling through hundreds of images on the internet. Now I have to figure out what to do with them. I’m going to take the ones I like away with me to Liverpool and have a ponder then. A day or so ago, I put together an outline for a weekend residential short story course and I’m very happy to say that it’s going ahead. It will be in Leeds, the weekend starting 9th November so if you know anyone who might want details, do let me know as I’d love it to be a big success. I’m off out again .tonight to another Spice event. This time it’s a quiz with the theme of food and drink. I HAD planned to do a quick swot this afternoon, but didn’t have time. It’s at a new venue which is, conveniently, in Call Lane so I’ll get to check out the location for the salsa class on Valentine’s Day. Now to get ready……

No comments:

Post a Comment