Saturday 7 January 2012

Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody (Cat Stevens)

Getting back into writing fiction after so long a break brings up a mixture of emotions. I’m happy that I can still come up with ideas with ease, but a little worried that I might not be able to put them to as good use as I once could. The proof, as they say, will be in the sales. I’ve almost finished my crime story for Harrogate but as there are still a good few days before I need to send it in, I’m going to put it to one side until Monday, then come back to it. I find that’s the best way to see if it needs changing in any way.
A writers group I belong to on Facebook has set a challenge for the weekend, writing on the theme of cherry blossom, 250, 700 or 1000 words. I had a bit of a brainstorm and drafted 2 stories which I will finish and tiny up tomorrow morning in time for the Sunday 5 o’clock deadline.
I’ve just been out for a walk with Leah. Much of the time it’s hard to remember she’s even here as she spends most of the time asleep. It must be her age. She’s eleven now.
I sent my ideas for the cover of the new book to the publisher. I can hardly wait to see what he comes up with. As soon as I have a picture of the cover (and the price!) I can start promoting the book and get the web site sorted.
I’m still wishing I had more things in the diary this week. I seem to be spending far too much time either by myself or arguing with John (my lodger who I once had the misfortune to be married to). I am convinced that he will never find anybody else mainly because he doesn’t seem the least bit interested in trying. If he wasn’t so rude, obnoxious, bad tempered, lazy, untidy, irritating, forgetful, smelly (he doesn’t seem to understand the concept of deodorant) I would try and fix him up with somebody myself, but there’s nobody I dislike enough to lumber them with John.

No comments:

Post a Comment