Saturday 10 December 2011

Working well

I feel like I’m making progress again which is great. As planned, I’ve started to wean myself off Prozac by taking a reduced dose every day. I’m happy to say that so far, I don’t seem to be suffering any ill effects.
DO NOT DO AS I’M DOING WITHOUT checking with your GP. What works for me may not work for you.
I have been trying to figure out what I want to write next, and where I want to go with my life, now that it feels worth living again. I’ve decided to get the next book written (about the therapy I did recently) so that other people can find out how to change their lives for the better. No sooner had I made that decision, than I sat down to write a thousand words with little effort.
The critiques from the NAWG competition should have started to arrive. I’ve already heard from the man who came third. He sent me an email saying that he hadn’t been told he’d won yet! I thought NAWG would have done that by now, but they’re probably busy. If anyone paid for a crit, and feels I was harsh, feel free to email your story to me (kinghenryfan@yahoo.co.uk). I always try to be fair and kind, as well as honest, but as I was suffering from a virus at the time, I may have got the tone wrong. If I did, then I apologise. Writing gives so many people so much pleasure, I wouldn’t want to ruin that for anyone.
Now I have to stop. I have another big party to go to tonight. I didn’t did get in until the early hours yesterday, so I need to make sure I’m relaxed and ready to get the most out of tonight’s do. It’s being run by Spice, the group Helen (thanks again) nagged me to join.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda - I paid for a critique with my NAWG entry & felt your tone was just right and the comments constructive. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete