Friday 23 December 2011

December 23rd

My Christmas started today with my favourite dogs staying last night. The dachshund, Woody, is so adorable I go all gooey when he’s here, giving him far too many hugs and cuddles which he, literally, laps up.
He and his best friend, Snoopy the Labrador, are coming back for NY Eve too which will give me the best start to 2012 I could hope for. I haven’t got much work done today as I wanted to spend as much time with the dogs as I could, being as they were here for such a short time. I worked on a report for Good Neighbours which they wanted made more reader friendly. All I had to do was make it more personal.
My lodger was meant to be leaving this afternoon for his Christmas away but he’s agreed to give a lift to somebody who had to work today, so he won’t be leaving until tomorrow morning which is disappointing, but so long as he goes, that will do. I’m so looking forward to being on my own which is something I truly never thought I would say. The reason I have John as a lodger in the first place is because when I lived alone, I couldn’t stand it. I became thoroughly depressed and suicidal. Now, I would be quite happy to live alone (or with somebody I loved, of course).
Some neighbours are coming round tonight so I’ve had to out extra chairs in my rather tiny living room. It now looks like a doctor’s waiting area, but it was either that, or sit in the chilly conservatory. I think Christine and Paul will be brining their new dog - another greyhound, which means even less space! I hope nobody falls over anything!

2 comments:

  1. Have a happy and safe xmas Linda. I hope 2012 will be a great one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a happy Christmas, Linda, and a better 2012. x

    ReplyDelete