Monday 14 November 2011

Working hard

It’s been really hard work these past few days as I’ve been doing the critiques for the stories that didn’t make the long list in the NAWG competition. There were 83 of them. The competition attracted 249 entries which was really great. It’s always a bit of a worry the first time you try something new and I was every aware how much NAWG needed the competition to be a success.
I find critiques difficult to do as I’m very aware how hard it can be to accept criticism. I just hope everybody feels the extra £3 they paid was worth it.
I need to get back to the book as soon as possible. I’d hoped to have it ready by now but this b*****d virus ruined that idea. I still have a fearsome cough but I’m sleeping better now so I’ve decided to risk going out and about again. Tonight I’m going out with my quiz team. I have no idea whether I’ll be reading the questions, answering them, or simply offering support, but it will be a nice change to get out of an evening.
Yesterday I discovered that there are web sites where you can download classical music for free so I have taken full advantage. Now all I need is for my lodger to go out so I can have a practice.
Tomorrow morning I have to go into town to see the woman at Relate so the book may have to wait a while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment