Thursday 13 October 2011

Writing a book

I’m trying a risky strategy, i.e. working on the new book and leaving the stories for a while. I hope it pays off. I’ve done thirty four thousand words so far, of which two thousand have been written today.
This morning I made an appointment to see somebody at Relate. I’ve come to the conclusion that I need to speak to somebody about the way things went with my mother so that I can find some kind of closure. Basically, I need somebody to tell me that the steps I’ve taken, i.e. walking away was an OK thing to do. Right now, my story writing is suffering thanks to my low mood. I can sell to markets like My Weekly and Yours, but the better paying markets (Woman’s Weekly and Take a Break) are, currently eluding me and I’m sure my mental state has a lot to do with that. I’m dreading the day Louis goes home. He’s been such a help, I’m going to miss him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment