Friday 7 October 2011

Good news from The People's Friend.

After a nervous couple of hours, the dogs are getting along well enough, in other words, they’re both half asleep. Ted is on his bed and Louis is cuddled up to whichever human happens to be nearby.
I’ve even managed to get some work done. The new book is up to 100 pages and as I’m aiming for 200, that means I’m half way there which is good. I’ve also had an email from Shirley Blair at The People’s Friend saying she’s passed one of my stories to the editor for approval and wants me to tweak another one (which I did straightaway).
With any luck, I could be about to get my first ever sale to that market which will be great. I have a short listing in Writers News this month, and I’ve just been told that I have a story I the Oct 8th edition of The Weekly News. Nothing in Fiction Feast, again. Those months when I wasn’t writing well are certainly coming back to haunt me now but their effects should soon be wearing off.
Now to get ready for my day in Halifax tomorrow, then I’m going to sit down and hug my favourite Labrador.

No comments:

Post a Comment