Friday 30 September 2011

Busy Busy Busy

I’ve been working hard today wishing I could take some time out to catch the wonderfully warm weather!
This morning I drafted another story, which I’ve since put on the computer and edited. I’ll leave it to soak overnight and get it ready to send off tomorrow. After that I went back to the new book. I’m not saying what it’s about at the moment as I may have a publisher interested and I don’t want to rock any boats by counting chickens. The book’s non fiction which is easier to write, for me anyway, so I can type it straight on to the computer.
Now I need to have a bit of a tidy up. I’ve neglected the housework this week as I wanted to get some work done but Louis arrives tomorrow so I need to make a bit of an effort or his owners might not be impressed.
Last night, the owner of the agency I board dogs through told me she was packing in that side of the business at the end of the year. I can either run things myself, which I’m not keen on, pack it in altogether, or carry on boarding the dogs on a ‘friendly’ basis. There’s nothing to stop people looking after their friends’ pets when they go away, and as I’ve met all the owners already, I COULD call them friends, but I hate doing anything that could, in any way, be construed as dishonest.
I’ll need to give it some more thought.
Strictly starts again tonight which means it really will soon be Christmas. I’ve been addicted to the show since it started so that’s my weekends sorted for a while at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment