Tuesday 13 September 2011

Almost finished the next book

I spent most of today putting together my latest writers’ guide. All that’s left to do is check it through, then I can upload it to Lulu and order a copy.
Today I heard from Byker books saying they’re going to put one of my short story collections (crime) on Kindle and share any profits with me, fifty fifty. It will only pay 15 pence a sale, but I still want to give it a go. I sold another book today via my newly revamped web site which is exciting.
My talk to the Association of Secretaries last night went well AND I sold three books so that’s good. I was going to get put on the WI list of speakers but I’ve had second thoughts. If I do too much speaking, it will be hard to do enough actual writing. I think I’d rather concentrate of talking to writers, running workshops and courses, that kind of thing.
Tonight my plan is to drag myself to the gardening club as I haven’t been for months. Tomorrow Heydays starts again at the West Yorkshire Playhouse. I was going to stick with play reading but now I’m back in full writing mode, I might as well try the writing class and see what the tutor is covering this term. If I don’t like it, I can always switch back to drama.
I’ve also booked 3 events with Spice (thanks Helen!) to see what they can offer so it looks like I’m going to have a busy Autumn. Now all I have to do is make up my mind what to do at Christmas. I was going to Lytham with my lodger as I didn’t want to stay at home with him, we’re fighting so much. Now he’s decided to go away with Spice so I can stay home alone, stick with the planned trip to Lytham, or see what else comes up.
I suppose I could always stay at home and work.

1 comment:

  1. hello linda - wow u've been busy! Well done. I admire your motivation and achievements - something to aspire too :-)

    ReplyDelete