Friday 5 August 2011

A trip to York

I was up early working on my column for Writers Forum, then I caught the ten past ten train into Leeds to try and find some more dresses for Swanwick. Hours later, I had bought two one of which I will need to slim into (half an inch too tight) so I won’t be taking that. I tried loads of shops but most of the dresses I could find were either black or white. Most of the coloured ones were too bright, I prefer pale and pastel shades. Mpst of the ones I did find were a bit too short for me.
Then on the way home I managed to get on the wrong train. NOT MY FAULT. I was on the right platform at the right time but it was a direct to York train, not a stopper. I was worried I’d have to pay for my extra, unwanted, journey, but the guard on the train was nice enough to let it pass. Needless to say by the time I got home I was bushed, so what did I do? Did I collapse into a chair? No I went into the garden and picked three pounds of damsons which I then started to turn into puddings including a charlotte. Now, I’ve had enough of doing anything at all, so that’s it for today.

1 comment:

  1. I have never been to York but I am determined to get there sooner or later. Visa are associated with the request for permission to enter (or exit) a country. It all comes down to the rest of the family, they just don't see the fun in looking at grand old buildings and wonderful art like I do.

    ReplyDelete