Saturday 6 August 2011

Competitions and submissions

I started reading The girl who played with fire this morning. It’s very hard to put down but somehow I made myself do exactly that. I had a list of things I wanted to get done. First I had to rewrite a story that was rejected by Woman’s Weekly. I’d sent it to them first for a change and they gave me some feedback which, as I read it, I had to agree with. I’ve written quite a few stories this year that are, frankly, not good enough. It was when I was going through all the trauhma with my mother. I should have stopped writing as everything I did came out flat and dull.
Next I entered Writing Magazine’s crime short story competition, and, for a change, one of their poetry competitions on the theme of animals. Next I sent three stories off to , and send something off to Byker Books to try and get a story into Radgepacket 6. (google byker books for details)
Now I’m working on something for another competition, a love story this time. I’m going to leave it to stew overnight and turn off for now. Time to play some music loud enough to wake up the neighbours.

No comments:

Post a Comment