Sunday 12 June 2011

Louis goes, Angel arrives

I had to get up early as I wasn’t sure when Louis’ owners were arriving. While I was waiting I sat down and drafted a couple of stories. I don’t think they’re bad, but will know more when I get round to typing them up. I also sent a letter off to Amateur Gardening.
When his owners arrived, Louis trotted off with them without so much as a backwards glance. I think he’d be happy staying with anyone, he’s that kind of dog. I did shed a few tears when he was gone, but not for long. I think it helped that another one was due to arrive, plus, providing nothing bad happens, he’ll be coming back in October for two weeks.
After he’d gone, I had a couple of hours to clean the house, ready for my next ‘guest’. I had to strip the bed which had a liberal coating of chocolate brown hairs, then clean and tidy everywhere.
The new dog is called Angel and she’s a sorry looking Boxer with just a stump of a tail, a and a sore, furless neck, the result of a recent illness. For the first couple of hours, she kept pacing up and down, looking lost or asking to go out into the garden. It was though she was looking for her owner. The rain was absolutely pelting down so I had to keep rubbing her down with a towel, trying to avoid her painful neck area. I stroked her when she came in from the rain and my hand came away absolutely covered in damp hair.
Luckily, it wasn’t long before she quietened down. She ate all her food, and cadged a bit of my turkey dinner. All I hope is that she sleeps well, DOWNSTAIRS. After Louis, I could use an uninterrupted night’s sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment