Saturday 7 May 2011

ICE CREAM


Every couple of months or so, I go to a women’s writing group, an offshoot of Leeds Writers Circle. I almost didn’t go today. When I feel down, it’s very tempting to hide away, but that’s the last thing I should do, or I could end up depressed again. So I went, and avoided the showers.
They’re a lovely group of people but they only write the occasional story. That means they’re not as dedicated or as focussed as me, which is fine, but…
When I got home, I couldn’t decide what to do. Going out has made me feel weary, but I want to at least try to get something done, so I made my favourite lemon ice cream. It’s divine and so simple to make. Ice cream, now that I've given up chocolate, is my top comfort food. I often have a bowl of an evening. It makes me feel better for some reason. 
Now I’m going to sit down with the latest Woman’s Weekly fiction special, read all the stories and analyse them. I could really do with selling them more stories so some more market research wouldn’t go amiss.
I’d like to say thank you to Helen and Robert for their recent messages. You have no idea how much I appreciate them. I’m sorry if I haven’t replied  in as much depth as I would have liked but right now I feel as though I have two mountains to climb and only one pair of worn out shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment