Monday 23 May 2011

Hovering on the brink of depression


The lady from the council was meant to come today about the licence for boarding dogs but it has been put off until 1st June. According to her the process takes TWO  HOURS. Goodness knows what they do for all that time. I hope it happens then as I have a dog due to come and stay on the 4th.
I went to the doctor this morning. I’d hoped to get through without seeking help, but I have to face the fact that I can’t. I really need to talk to someone. I know that the best thing for me to do about Mum is to cut myself off completely. Maybe if a  counsellor can tell me that it's OK for me to do that, and it's not my fault, then I’ll be able to believe them and actually do it. Right now I feel as though I could fall back into a deep depression which is the last thing I want to happen.
I wrote my next column for Writers Forum then finished a story for TAB. Another one I’m working on isn’t coming together so I’m going to have to sit on it a bit longer. I hate it when the words don’t flow well, but there’s no point sending something out when I know it won’t sell.
Tomorrow a man is coming to measure up the blinds for the conservatory. I can only afford to have part of the roof done, so I’m hoping it will make a big enough difference.
In a moment I’m going to watch Chelsea on TV. I don’t suppose I’ll ever get there in person. I’m not sure I’d even want to, it gets so crowded.  Harrogate might not be as big or well known but it’s good enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. Linda, I've been reading your blog for a while now. Just wanted to say hang in there, and I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I think talking to someone will really help, go for it.

    ReplyDelete