Saturday 2 April 2011

Working on the book is hard


Now that I’ve started to write a book about Mum and me, I want to get it finished and out of the way. This morning I wrote three thousand words. By the time I’d done that, I felt drained and had to stop. I’ve always avoided looking back into my past as I find it upsetting, so it’s no surprise that I’m finding tackling this book difficult. I’m going to try and write a thousand words a day, preferably at the beginning of the day so I can then take a break and come back to writing later, feeling refreshed. 
That’s the plan anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your book. It may be good to write about you and your mum - a sort of self help therapy. They say that writing stuff down releases it from your system, so who knows it could well be a way to de-stress and de-clutter your mind.

    ReplyDelete