Tuesday 26 April 2011

Windows and wallpaper


Mum phoned early this morning just as I was having breakfast, asking if she could come and stay. I asked her to phone back. So far she hasn’t.
I try not to let her calls upset me, but it doesn’t always happen that way. Now the holidays are over, the social workers and day centres should start work again and I won’t get as many calls.
I’m waiting for Molly’s owners to come and collect her. I won’t be sorry to see her go. I love dogs, but…..
She doesn’t do what she’s told, she jumps up at everyone and sends them flying, tries to eat everything from stones to plant pots, and this morning, I came down to find she’d started eating the kitchen wallpaper so there’s now a large patch missing by the larder door. Fortunately, the wallpaper is horrible and I’m planning to get rid of it as soon as I can muster some energy (I still have the bathroom to finish). I wouldn’t mind if I could give her a cuddle but she’s not into hugs.
The man from the Window Doctor came this morning to look at my French door which leads out to the conservatory from the living room. It’s so stiff, I simply can’t open it when it’s locked. He reckons it will need a new lock. I spent the rest of the morning going through my stories sorting out a few to send to The Weekly News and other magazines. It’s a boring, irritating task. I can never remember what my stories are about so I end up having to read loads of them before I find something that might do, then I may have to shorten or lengthen it. It’s one of those jobs that has to be done though, so now it’s time to switch off the pc, pick up my pen and draft some more short stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment