Saturday 9 April 2011

Sunshine and screenwriting


Another sunny, magical day, not like April at all, and I was booked onto a screen writing workshop.
It was OK, but I didn’t learn much about screen writing. It was more about story structure, conflict and themes which could have been covered in a general fiction workshop. I’m still none the wiser regarding layout and possible markets.
I think it’s because I’m a bit preoccupied at the moment, but I seem to be more easily irritated than usual. The man who yesterday asked why my critique service was so cheap, came back again, asking more daft questions. I couldn’t see the point so I more or less told him to go away. If he wants to pay more, that’s up to him.
The workshop took up most of the day. It’s just gone five now and the day is in danger of slipping away. I tried to get on line first thing this morning, but Virgin were having problems and I couldn’t. It’ so frustrating when that happens and makes me realise how dependent  I’ve become on technology.  Fortunately it was working by the time I came home.
It’s to hot to work in the garden so I’ll leave that til later and try to get another thousand words written in the book. I want to get started on the next in my series of writing guides but you can only do one thing at a time, more’s the pity.


2 comments:

  1. Tell me about it with the 'one at a time' mentality. Ive got three novels on the go simultaneously. The great thing is if I get stuck on one, move along to another and round and round we go. It's like a perpetual loop of Writer's Block avoidance. It seems to be working.

    Sounds like today you should write off. Remember, tomorrow can't possibly be the same (he said with cautious confidence :oD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Craighallam. Tomorrow is another day. I tell myself this all the time otherwise there are days when I could explode :)

    ReplyDelete