Wednesday 6 April 2011

SUNSHINE AND POTATOES


The sun is shining.
I have two men, working in the bathroom, doing what I’m sure will be an excellent job. My solicitor is away until Thursday. Since Mum has started going to the day centre twice a week, she doesn’t call me anywhere near as often as she used to. Right now, if I shut my eyes, I can almost imagine that life is good and normal and that there’s nothing for me to worry about.
I’ve just had a terrible feeling of de ja vu, which I’ll ignore.
I’ve been working on the book again this morning and making good progress. Now it’s time to stop. This afternoon I’m going to  the board games group where I’ve been volunteering for quite a while. It used to be on Thursdays and has just been moved so I have no idea who will be there, volunteers wise, or even if I’ll be needed.
I’ll have to wait and see, but if I’m not needed anymore, I’ll have to find something else to do.
When I get home, I really must try to do some ‘new’ writing. The trouble is there are lots of other things I need to do, like sort out a story for my once a month submission to My Weekly, and work on my next Writers Forum column so that Carol doesn’t have to chase me again. I also want to plant some more potatoes!
It’s amazing how an hour in the garden makes me forget all my worries and cares. 
For me, there’s nothing like watching things grow, especially from seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment