Friday 8 April 2011

Sunshine and peacocks


So far I’ve spent the day doing routine, boring things, like trawling through my stock of stories, looking for something to send My Weekly. I’m only allowed to send one a month so need to make sure I choose well. It’s gloriously sunny, so I sat outside for a while, reading the stories in That’s Life fiction feast, an Australian magazine I sometimes sell too. I’m going back outside now to finish it. There are 22 stories and I’m doing a brief analysis so that I can target them more effectively.
Saw my first peacock butterfly of the year, then saw another. Wonderful.
Lots to do. I won’t be on line much today as the electrician is due sometime to link up the shower to the main box and I don’t want to be in the middle of something when he arrives.
Just when I thought Mum was quiet, she called last night, six times. It was the same thing over and over, can she come and stay? How does she get to Leeds? I used to answer al her questions, over and over. Now I tell her that she would need to get somebody to help her. More often than not, she slams the phone down on me when I say that.
Still all quiet on the legal front.

No comments:

Post a Comment