Sunday 10 April 2011

Sunday, a day of rest


Overall, a good, productive day.
I started with two hours work on the book about Mum and me, which takes me up to 29,000 words. Then I had an hour in the garden, followed by a break, which I spent reading some of the stories in the latest Fiction Feast. Then I spent an hour working on Short Story Success, my column in Writers Forum. When that didn’t come out quite as planned, I stopped for lunch. I’ll let it soak in my subconscious for a couple of days and see what happens.
Next I watched the start of the Gran Prix, the began work on the next in my series of writing guides. I spent some time figuring out what the next book would be about, and came up with ideas for the next two which is great. I’d like to have at least one more written before Swanwick as any opportunity for sales needs to be taken full advantage of.
With that in mind, I started work on the first one, getting the basic structure and chapter headings in place. I finished with another hour in the garden, planting some more peas and potatoes.
Now to watch Spiral which I recorded last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment