Friday 8 April 2011

Not much progress made


Today has been a muddle of people coming and going, getting in the way, and then having to clear up afterwards. The bathroom is done (sort of) but I can’t use it until the sealer has set, so it’s back to the sink. It doesn’t look great at the moment because I have to finish it off myself – find a tile border, wallpaper, put down floor tiles and so on, but the new black wall tiles look really good.
Tomorrow I’m going to a workshop on screen writing. It’s not something I’ve any experience of so hopefully I’ll learn something. It’s being run by Sal Fulcher but the name means nothing to me. Maybe I’ll have a quick google before I go.I'm sure it will be good. It's been organised by my writers group - Leeds Writers Circle. The Club is one of the oldest clubs in England with over 60 members and it's workshops are always worth a look. Better still, they only cost £2! .
This afternoon, somebody emailed querying why my critique service was so cheap, compared to some that are available. I guess he thought if it’s cheap, it can’t be any good. I explained my reasoning at some length. It will be interesting to see if he comes back to me.
It’s been so hot today. The garden is looking parched so when it gets cooler, I’ll have to go and water it when all I really want to do is put my feet up and watch Dexter (I borrowed season 3 from Blockbusters.)

No comments:

Post a Comment