Friday 15 April 2011

GOING NOWHERE


Yesterday I chased my solicitor, again. This is the reply I received.

‘I attach a copy of my letter to Cartridges of the 8th April. They have responded merely saying that they have instructions from your mother not to release the EPA to you. This does not answere our question and I am not convinced that they or yourt mother are in their rights to take this stance, particularly if the EPA has not been revoked and your mother lacks capacity. Do you want me to write to Cartridges in these terms?’

The letter he sent was attached and reads as follows.


Thank you for your letter of the 30th March.

‘We look forward to hearing from you regarding the release of the enduring power of attorney. We would however also comment that our letter of the 25th March did not in actual fact request the release of the power of attorney as such, but rather whether or not the power of attorney is still valid and has not been revoked.’

This is the email I’ve just sent back to him.


‘When I initially spoke to you, I said that all I wanted was to know when the 'new instructions' were made and, if possible, what they were. I explained that I had already asked Cartridges these questions and they refused to answer. When I spoke to you I asked if they would reply to you, seeing as they would not talk to me,  and was told that you could ask the question in such a way that they would HAVE to answer. Instead, I am still at square one. I can't see the point of writing to Cartridge's again. As far as I'm concerned, I have wasted my money. You have achieved no more than I did. You have not asked the questions I needed answering.
Did Cartridge's  reply to your recent letter in writing? If so, please forward a copy to me, email will do. I will have to think about what to do next.
At the moment I feel let down and ill advised.’

It has been more than a month and nothing has changed. I simply don’t know what to do – keep throwing money at the situation or give up, and walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment