Tuesday 5 April 2011

Feedback, lessons and tiles


Speaking to the solicitor last night didn’t upset me as much as I thought it would.
I was fairly sure his letter wouldn’t get the response I wanted. I was more annoyed that he’d left it so late in the day before contacting me. I had a very bad night, all the same. Just couldn’t sleep.  
In a peculiar kind of way, I’m glad this legal business is dragging on. Whatever the answer turns out to be, I’ll need to decide what to do next. it's hard to explain, but it’s easier to write the bulk of the book, not knowing what’s going to happen. It makes it easier to simply say it how it is. .
I keep telling myself I’ll find time to write some fresh short stories for Take a Break, but so far that isn’t happening. My priority at the moment is working on the book about Mum. I’ve managed to rewrite a few old stories from years back so that I can keep posting things out, but I can’t carry on doing that for much longer.
This morning, I did a critique. Somebody sent me a two thousand word story, aimed at Take a Break and wanted me to give them some pointers. Next I have to look at my pupil’s homework and write the next lesson for her.
I have two pupils and although it’s hard work, I’ve always enjoyed helping people to get more out of their writing. After all, if nobody had helped me, I would still be sending out stories with no idea as to why they kept coming back.
All’s quiet upstairs at the moment. There’s just one man in the bathroom today, tiling and plumbing away like a beaver.
It’s going to be such a big improvement. I can hardly wait until it’s all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment