Monday 18 April 2011

Back to work, eventually


Yesterday, I treated myself to a visit to the Harrogate Spring Flower Show. I’m glad I did. The weather was perfect and I had a lovely day away from the computer. I didn’t buy many plants, mainly because of having to carry them. Next year, I’ll take a pull along suitcase with me! When I got home, I did a couple of hours work in the garden, then crashed out and watched Spiral.
Now it’s Monday morning and time to get on with things. The edging tiles I ordered for the bathroom have arrived at the shop so I need to go and get them, then I want to finish the stories I’ve been working on and maybe the screenplay. For the screenplay competition, I only need ten pages of the script plus an outline and overview. I’m not going to put much effort into it as right now, doing a screenplay is not something I have either the time or the inclination to do.
Mum called again yesterday evening, asking if she could come and stay. As always I said yes, anytime, but I know now that it is ever going to happen.
When I started this blog, I thought I’d be writing about writing. Instead, it’s turned into something else entirely. I feel bad about that. There’s enough misery in the world.  
I will try and get my life back into focus as soon as I can. The book about Mum is now at 40,000 words. 
A friend told me not to finish  it, to draw a line under the whole thing  and get on with my life, but I can’t. For my own sake, I have to put the truth down on paper, or at least the truth as I remember it, complete with gaps and blank spaces.
First I have to email the solicitor and tell him not to write any more letters and to send me his bill. Hundreds of pounds for making absolutely no progress. Nice work if you can get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment