Wednesday 20 April 2011

ALL CHANGE


I was meant to be reading stories and talking about the charity short story collection, Diamonds and Pearls, at my local Good Neighbours group today, but when I got there, everything had been changed. Some of the volunteers had been invited along for a lunch, my part hadn’t been advertised and I was told I wouldn’t be able to read anything out.
It’s annoying when that happens as I could have stayed home for an extra hour and got some work done. 
Since it switched to Wednesdays, the board game side of things has virtually died. I'm glad that when Heydays starts again I won't be able to go. I'll have to try to find something else to do as a volunteer.
I’m off to York this evening to talk about short story success, my column in Writers Forum. I hope it goes well.
I still feel a bit new to this kind of thing but I need to get out and about and meet people. It’s all part of the publishing process these days.
I WAS due to be going speed dating tomorrow night, but it’s been postponed AGAIN. It’s so disappointing, of course I was only going for research…..

No comments:

Post a Comment