Sunday 27 March 2011

ALL QUIET


The workshop yesterday wasn’t as good as I’d hoped, but at least it got me out of the house.
I came home to a letter from Mum’s solicitor informing me that they cannot forward the Enduring Power of Attorney to me unless my mother instructs them to. Quite how she’s meant to do this, I have no idea as she has dementia and can’t remember anything for more than five minutes. I'd thought that if I went ahead and registered the EPA that might make something happen but I find I can't do that. 
It’s been a few days since Mum called which always worries me. There’s the rub – if she calls all the time I get interrupted and can’t work properly, but if she doesn’t call, I worry, and can’t work properly.
The strange thing is the last two times I spoke to her she kept trying to get me to say I didn’t care what happened to her. In my increasingly paranoid state, I’m starting to wonder who’s been saying what to her. 
My aunts haven't replied to the letters I sent, so I’m still completely in the dark.
I don’t think I can stand it much longer. I can get to sleep but I wake up in the middle of the night and can’t get back to sleep because of all the thoughts churning round in my head.  I just want to know what the new instruction is so that I can decide what to do and maybe get on with my life. 
Tomorrow I start work on the book. Who knows, if I could get it published it might help somebody else with similar problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment